Friday, July 9, 2010

Maxell Corp.

Time for that full disclosure thing: There is no relationship between myself and Maxell Corp. However, I do use their DVD-RWs for backing up files and data.

Some years ago, while I was living in Texas, I purchased a 15 disc spindle of DVD-RWs at my local Wal-Mart. I purchased the RWs because it allows you to write, erase, and re-write. The 15 discs had all been working perfectly until my last attempted backup which was Thursday of last week. And then two of them flatly refused to work. The other 13, however, worked perfectly.

So, I called Maxell's Customer Support centre. I knew the media has a life-time warranty, so I was calling to ask about replacements.

Imagine my surprise when the gentleman I spoke with offered to ship me two discs at no charge, and without my returning the defective ones (which have since been broken into itty-bitty bits and thrown into the garbage.)

The two discs arrived yesterday (Thank you!) and are working perfectly.

Needless to say, the next time I need to purchase recordable media, it'll be Maxell.

No comments: