This letter to you is about the future of our Republic. There are various sources that state that you and/or others (at your behest) removed certain Conservative members from various committees. That scares the hell out of me, and you Mr Speaker, scare the hell out of me.
I want serious answers to the following questions, and a form letter won’t do it. But, even a lack of reply (and any reply you might make) will be posted on my blog which is located at http://gregb1967.blogspot.com
1) Every time “revenues (ie; taxes)” have increased, new programs have been created.
a. If you answer “no” or “unsure” then I know you’re a liar. History is your guide to this.
2) The “lockbox” of Social Security has been raided repeatedly, its monies used for other things.
a. If you answer “no” or “unsure” then I know you’re a liar. Again, history is your guide.
3) The long-term actuarial deficits for both Social Security and Medicare increased substantially in 2012 (*1), although for different reasons. Both of them can be tied, at least indirectly to Obama’s policies. Simply check the link for the facts.
4) 47% of Americans pay no Federal Income Tax. That leaves 53% to pick up the tab.(*2)
a. The vast majority of these people are either elderly or are paying payroll tax (28.3%.)
b. Federal Income Tax is just part of the picture. To get the complete picture, you need to factor in State and Local taxes (including sales taxes, ballot taxes, etc.) These taxes tend to be regressive and actually hit lower-income groups hardest. When these taxes are factored in, some people are now paying over 50% of their income in taxes. (*3)
Mr Speaker, those are the facts. Another fact is that the deficit increased more under Obama in not quite four years than it did in the eight years under Bush. If you remember, Obama slammed Bush, calling it “unpatriotic.”
Deficit spending does not work. We must get the deficit down and entitlements must be included in any discussions.
Mr Speaker; I’m going to be blunt. Conservatives were elected in 2010 to provide a real alternative to Mr Obama’s policies, which many people say are socialist. And Mr Speaker, it is neither RAAAAAACIST or hateful to say so … and frankly I’m damned tired of hearing that old, tired rhetoric.
You and others in the GOP must do more to reach out to the low-information voters(*4) who tend to vote Democratic and who mostly get their information from MSNBC, CNN, ABC, CBS, NPR, and the NYT. This means that you and others must go on their “shows” and tell the facts … and dispute their lies. You and others in the GOP must do more to dispute the Democrats and medias’ lies.
Frankly, Mr Speaker, your recent actions have led me to consider asking for your removal as Speaker … something that is not binding, but should be quite telling.
A final word about gun control. Those two firefighters killed in the recent Rochester, NY ambush were killed by an ex-felon(*4), somebody who had no legal right to possess any firearm. More gun control is not the answer, Mr Speaker. Guns do not kill people … people do (*5). If I wanted a person dead, I could pick up a metal fork and use it. I could pick up a paper clip and use that as well (if you think I’m joking, think again.) People kill people, Mr Speaker. You and others in the GOP need to slam these Democrats and their tools in the media for using firearms as scapegoats.
(*1) – http://www.ssa.gov/oact/trsum/index.html
(*2) - http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/wp/2012/09/18/who-doesnt-pay-taxes-in-charts/
(*3) - http://taxprof.typepad.com/taxprof_blog/2012/12/federal.html
(*4) - http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/12/24/us-usa-newyork-shooting-idUSBRE8BN0HB20121224
(*5) - http://gregb1967.blogspot.com/2008/06/supreme-court-and-2nd-amendment.html