Saturday, June 6, 2009

Horror: NYC Cops Repeatedly Ticket Van with Body Inside.

The link: http://wcbstv.com/local/ny.vehicle.ticketed.2.1032503.html

Before I go any further I'm going to point out right here and now that I have the deepest respect for police officers and most law enforcement people. However, since the DHS labelled those of us who are against the porkulus as "potential domestic extremists" (aka; potential terrorists) I'm not including them. Granted, it could simply be Janet Napolitano's fault alone, but still.

From the article: "Jennifer Morales [the daughter of the deceased] said it should be a lesson to all traffic agents and police officers: don't ticket without looking inside. "

I have to agree with that. Our local police do look inside. Some of them I know and some of them I know personally. They're good people and they do their jobs. What's more, they do their jobs well.

It isn't that hard to look inside a vehicle that's parked and that you're about to ticket. Granted, had the body been under a blanket or tarp or something else, it would at least be excusable. However, according to the article George Morales' body was in plain view!

Plain view! ::shudder::

My heart goes out to Mr Morales' family and his daughter Jennifer.

(H/T: Drudge Report)

No comments: