Sunday, April 17, 2011

Article: "All those tweets, apps, updates may drain brain"

All together now ... "duh!"

This really shouldn't be a "duh," moment, sadly, it is. The link: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2011/04/17/BUTO1J0S2P.DTL&ao=all

" There's growing concern among scientists that indulging in these ceaseless disruptions isn't good for our brains, in much the way that excessive sugar or fat - other things we evolved to crave when they were in shorter supply - isn't good for our bodies. " Again, this shouldn't be a 'duh' moment.

I've seen too damn many people with their noses seemingly glued to the stupid things. People unable to put down their phones, their whatever.

" Some psychiatrists worry that people are increasingly demonstrating addict-like behavior when it comes to technology, unable to ignore its pull, even when it negatively affects them. "

Again, this really shouldn't be a 'duh' moment. The article goes into more detail, but I'll leave it for you to view. But it really is a must-read.

And, for my money, people need to ask themselves: Is this gadget really helping me, or have I become a slave to it?

I've stated before, on and for the record that the only reason I still have my cell phone is that, by law and agreement, you must be able to reach 911, even on a phone without service.

In my opinion, too many people have become addicts to technology.

No comments: