Wednesday, July 16, 2008

FTC Complaint

Well, I just filled out a complaint with the FTC about Juan McAmnesty's unwanted emails.  Yes, I did sign up for them to begin with, and have now been trying to remove myself for the past FIVE months.

Apparently, Mr. McAmnesty doesn't know how to read English (maybe I really should have asked in Spanish.)

But I just filed a complaint with the FTC, and I'm certain that they'll 1) Think it's a joke, and then 2) do nothing.

They are part of the government, after all.  I got my complaint number and all that stuff about Thank you for your complaint ... blah, blah, blah. 

I didn't want to do that.  I asked Mr. McAmnesty's campaign a total of EIGHT times to be unsubscribed.  This included emails to his campaign and the unsubscribe page on his website.  EIGHT TIMES he was asked.  EIGHT TIMES he did nothing.

Maybe I should have asked in Spanish ... he doesn't seem to be understanding English.

Maybe...just maybe the FTC will ... oh, I don't know ... enforce the CAN-SPAM Act?  I just want the emails to stop.  That's it. 

The next time, knowing that there will be one (since McAmnesty's campaign doesn't seem to know the meaning of the word 'stop',) I'll ask my attorney to assist me. 

I've already added Mr. McAmnesty's campaign to AOL's spam filters.  But today's email was the final straw.  I can't vote for Mr. McAmnesty, I've said that here before.  I can't vote for BHO, either.

I think I'll write in "Mickey Mouse."  The sad part is that he'd probably do a better job.

No comments: