Monday, August 1, 2011

Joe Biden: Tea Partiers "acted like terrorists."

The link: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0811/60421.html

" Vice President Joe Biden joined House Democrats in lashing tea party Republicans Monday, accusing them of having "acted like terrorists" in the fight over raising the nation’s debt limit, according to several sources in the room. " (Link is Politico's and is left intact.)

" ... having acted like terrorists ... " Let's see:

Did I; blow up government buildings like Bill Ayers and the Weather Underground did? Nope.
Did I; murder innocent people as Maj. Hasan did at Fort Hood? Nope.
Did I; hide a bomb in my underwear and try to blow up a plane? Nope.
Did I; hide a bomb in my shoe and try to blow up a plane? Nope.
Did I; strap a bomb to myself and try to blow up the Space Needle? Nope.

But because I'm for fiscal reform, I'm the "terrorist?" Did I miss something?

" We have negotiated with terrorists," an angry [Rep. Mike Doyle (D-PA)] said, according to sources in the room. "This small group of terrorists have made it impossible to spend any money."

Apparently, these two men missed Mr Obama's calls to tone down the rhetoric after Rep. Giffords was shot. Either that, or they just don't give a damn. More of "Do as I say - not as I do!"

" Rep. Emanuel Cleaver (D-Mo.) called it a "Satan sandwich," and Rep. Luis Gutierrez (D-Ill.) called seemed to enjoy the heat analogy, saying: "the Tea Partiers and the GOP have made their slash and burn lunacy clear, and while I do not love this compromise, my vote is a hose to stop the burning. The arsonists must be stopped. "

So now I'm an arsonist, too?

Now how about it, Dems? You tone down your rhetoric.

No comments: