Thursday, August 4, 2011

WH spin cycle: Spin, spin, and spin again. Repeat.

The link: http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2011/08/03/obama_were_not_even_halfway_there_yet.html

I have to take strong exception to what the White House mouthpiece said today. He said (to paraphrase) that when President TelePrompTer came into office that many economists were saying we were heading for a depression.

It’s true that some were. I was. But if you remember, getting President TelePrompTer elected was supposed to fix the economy. He was the saviour in the saviour-based economy. His getting (without earning in my opinion) the Nobel Prize was supposed to fix everything. It was supposed to improve America’s “bad” standing in the world. It didn’t quite work out that way, did it?

Now it is true that President Obama did inherit a bad economy. I’ve never said otherwise. But how far into Mr Obama’s term are we? And things haven’t gotten better, they’ve gotten worse.

But the spinning doesn’t, and won’t, stop there. On the front page of the Drudge Report as of this writing (see screenshot below) is this line where Mr Obama said “I didn’t say change we can believe in tomorrow.”

Now that’s all well and good. But many people were hoping that Mr Obama’s “change we need” and “change we can believe in” and “hope” were promising that if only we’d elect him, he’d fix everything quickly.

But things haven’t gotten better, they’ve gotten worse.

Therefore, I have to ask: is it just barely possible that he’s made a bad situation worse? Be very careful with your answer. If you answer no, then … well, we’ve covered that ground before, haven’t we?

Is it just barely possible that he might possibly bear some blame for the bad economy? Notice the way that’s phrased: “ … just barely possible … “ and “ … might possibly bear some blame … “ The way the question is phrased I’m not saying he does: I’m asking if it’s possible.

It’s no secret that I don’t like Mr Obama’s policies, I never have. I’ve never stated otherwise, either. I was willing to give him a chance on fixing the economy (and everything else) because morally it’s the right thing to do and because he was the President.

Things didn’t work out that way. We’re now in a double-dip recession, since the “first” one ended (in theory) in 2009. In reality, I don’t believe it ever ended. Many people, myself included, believe we’re now on the brink of a depression.

Obama’s policies have, in my opinion, made an already bad situation worse.eady bad situation worse.

No comments: