Thursday, May 22, 2008

Pollution Tax - Not just a Conspiracy Theory

I think I've written before that I'm not a conspiracy theorist.  God knows there are enough of them running around.  There are conspiracy theories covering everything from sunspots to hairloss.  Seriously.

But this isn't one of them.  As I've said before (and at the beginning of this entry) I'm NOT a conspiracy theorist.  But when I was writing security articles (about computer and national security) I got called one for saying that the US would soon have a "global warming tax."  Well...it's coming.  (If you're eating or drinking something, put it down.  This'll make you snort.)  http://www.nbc11.com/news/16349069/detail.html

Of course, the same people that said that I was a conspiracy theorist for saying this about the US also said I was one when I stated that the UN wanted such a tax ... globally.  Again, if you're eating or drinking something, please set it down.  http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2007/nov/17/climatechange.carbonemissions

I'm now going to quote from the last article (the link I just posted):  "The IPCC, which won this year's Nobel peace prize jointly with Al Gore, will confirm it is 90% sure that recent global warming is down to human activity, "

This is from 2007, so they missed what I wrote about earlier, the 31,000 scientists who debunk the manmade global warming hysteria.  To be fair to them, they didn't exactly MISS it, because the disclosure of the names of those scientists hadn't happened yet.  But, they KNEW that those scientists existed and CHOSE NOT TO ASK FOR THEIR INPUT.  They also forgot one key fact:  At the upper levels of the atmosphere (where the atmosphere meets space) all of the climate models break down ... badly.  The simple truth is that we have no concrete idea of what goes on up there.  Throw clouds into the mix (they run some of their scenarios without clouds) and the situation gets more and more complicated. 

Do you remember back in the '70's when the hysteria was about global COOLING?  Well...sit back.  Exhibit #1

And now exhibit #2:

(The picture can be found here:  http://www.azfreeenterpriseclub.org/serendipity/uploads/Global-Cooling.jpeg  It's from Newsweek (aka Snoozeweek) in 1975.)

The simple truth is that since our climate models break down, we don't know exactly what's going to happen in the future. 

But we DO know that the Earth is now warming.  As I've written before, this is partially due to increased output from the sun in that Venus, Mars, and poor little Mercury are also warming.  (However, I'm not sure we should count Mercury for the simple reason that it's so CLOSE to the sun that if the sun burps, poor little Mercury fries.)

Sorry to burst your bubble.

Oh...and I'm now down to #3 on the Google list. But to still be there is an honour.  I know that this is being read and I am honoured and humbled.  As I wrote the other day, it is somewhat frightening to know that this is being read. 

From the bottom of my heart, I thank you.

No comments: