Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Change We Can ...

Change We Can ...  What, exactly?

BHO's slogan is "Change We Can Believe In."

Ok...that's not a bad slogan.  I think I've said it about ... oh ... a billion times.  Not only on this blog, but to my friends, in conversations, etcetera, that we need change in Wa$hington, the Di$trict of Corruption. 

But HRC, who earlier had hinted at wanting the VP slot on the ticket is about to make a major push for this slot in BHO's team.  The VP slot??  Could be.  Or could it be that she'll be offered a position as his "Health Care Czar."  Either way, it spells trouble.  Here's why:

His slogan is "Change We Can Believe In."  HRC is about as Wa$hingtonized as you can get.  She's been in the Beltway for quite some time.  Let's not forget that her husband was the president for eight years.  Not only did she try her failed (thank God) health care initiative, she was also working behind the scenes on other projects.  Google it, you'll find them.

The point is that she's been there, done that, and has the lobbyists to prove it.  Bringing her back would help being about change ... how?  She's old-$chool Wa$hington politic$.  His bringing her in on the Veep slot would seriously undermine the tone of his message and the tone of his campaign ... change.  "Change" won't happen if he brings her in.  Because if she's Veep, guess who she brings with her?  Her baggage...Bill.  (Note that in several news articles that I've read, that's how he was referred to ... as baggage.)  In this campaign, by all accounts, he's been a real liability for her.  Several times, he's had to apologize for getting snitty (I'm being polite here) with reporters.  That hasn't helped her campaign.  Neither has her lying about coming under sniper fire in Bosnia.  The problem here is that we have the video which showed there was no fire.  She says she "misspoke."  Try she flat out lied.  She already had a credibility gap before that, and that certainly didn't help.

Bringing her in on the ticket would be a major disaster for BHO.  Believe it or not, but there's also been quiet whispering that JM might bring her in on HIS ticket.  I about gagged when I read that.

I never thought I'd quotefrom Babylon 5 on this blog, but here goes.  First, the quote.  "They are a dying people.  We should let them pass."  Now the paraphrase.  "The Clinton's time is over.  We should let them pass."

For me, it can't come quickly enough. 

To be fair, I will note that she and her husband has done this country some good.  They reduced the trade deficit and helped create new jobs.  They reduced the national debt.  Unfortunately, too many people can't get past Bill's sexual piccadillos while he was in the White House.  I'll be the first to admit that Republicans have done it, too.  Like I wrote before, I'm so jaded that I don't trust any politician ... no matter what they say.  We don't need Hillary or Bill back in the White House ... in any capacity.  Frankly, I just want them gone.

And to stay gone.  But that's not likely to happen.  For there have also been quiet rumblings that they're grooming Chelsea for a political career. 

I've taken HRC to task, BHO to task, and JM to task.  It's not fair to kick a person when they're down, so I'll spare Mr. Kennedy ... while continuing to pray that he gets better.  Frankly, however, I was speaking with Dr. Haas about him today, and the odds aren't too good.  But also, like I wrote earlier ... that has to be hard on him and his family.  I'll continue to pray for him and ask that you send positive energy (and prayer if you believe in its power) their direction.  They'll need it.

But that reminds me.  When we learned that Tony Snow was battling cancer, there were those on the liberal blogs (DailyKOS and Huffington Post) who were openly elated that Mr. Snow was ill.  Some couldn't wait for him to die.  Others joked about it.  Joked about it. 

Now, unfortunately, the nutcases on the other side of the fence are pleased that Mr. Kennedy is ill.  And the folks at the aforementioned sites are rooting for Mr. Kennedy to recover quickly. 

Apparently, you have to agree with their politics before you can show sympathy for the person.  That is sad.

And it's a sad, sad, state of affairs when it comes to that. 

That is why we don't need more politics.

No comments: