Thursday, June 19, 2008

Personal

Last night between the hours of 19:00hrs and 23:15hrs somebody hacked into one of my other screen names.

On that other screen name is where the war of words (for lack of a better term) had been taking place.

I won't mention names and I can't PROVE that this person is involved, but for this particular screen name to suddenly get hacked into (which it never had been before) stretches the bounds of credulity somewhat.  To be fair; it is entirely possible that this event was completely unrelated to everything else that was (and is) going on.

Note that I am NOT saying nor am I insinuating that this person did it.  As I just said, it is entirely possible that this event was and is unrelated to everything else that's happening.  The timing is just too coincidental is all.  I find it really really odd.  And to be honest, I really don't believe in coincidences.  I'm remined of a line from a TV show that I can't remember (perhaps somebody will help me out here?  I THINK it's from B5 and I THINK it's from Londo to Vir, but I honestly don't remember.)  "There are no coincidences.  Only plans that other people make and don't tell you about."

On the phone I went today to an engineer at AOL.  My entire account activity is now monitored, as well as the IP address used to access the account.  We'll have more information if this "coincidence" happens again.  The password has been changed as has the Account Security Question.

But like I said ... I really don't believe in coincidences.

No comments: