Thursday, June 26, 2008

"Boy Meets Girl" - The Group

Well, they are an old band, having been around since the mid 80's.  Yes, this particular title is 80's music.  But good music, I've heard it said, is timeless.  Indeed, there is a local (to me) radio station that plays "Timeless Favourites." 

Recently, I purchased "Reel Life" from amazon.com.  The transaction was quick and painless, which is a good thing. :)  I've purchased from amazon.com before, and have nothing but good things to say about them.  Well ... that's not true.  I do have one complaint, and that is that the cost of the DVD (regular DVD, not hi-def or blue-ray, since I only have a regular DVD player.)  "Carrier: Fortress at Sea" is (in my opinion) a bit high.  (Call me cheap. :) )

But coming back to the group "Boy Meets Girl," I've been listening to their "Reel Life" CD.  Good music, like I said.  I also purchased (many years back) their tape cassette (does anybody use tape cassettes anymore? :).)  The tape looks new, but has been much listened to.  And, you can tell.  There are many drop-outs on the tape, quite a bit of hissing, and some of the music is hard to hear. 

I've enjoyed the group since I first heard "Waiting For A Star to Fall," back in the 80's. 

I'm glad I was able to purchase the digitally remastered CD from amazon.com, because, frankly, the tape doesn't have much life left in it. :)

The artists, George Merrill and Shannon Rubicam, were married at the time "Reel Life" was produced, and I think (my opinion here) that you can tell it in watching the video.  Although they are divorced, they continue working together. 

Their official site is http://boymeetsgirlmusic.com/ and a Wikipedia article about them is here:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boy_Meets_Girl_%28band%29

What can I say? :)  I also like Belinda Carlisle. :)

No comments: