Friday, June 13, 2008

Personal

Some time ago, I moved home to take care of my elderly parents.  My mother has vision troubles (can't see too well) and is on oxygen.

My father has inclusion body myositis and has trouble walking on level surfaces.  Going up the stairs takes several minutes.  He can still do it, however.  It just takes a while.

I do the dishes, I help with laundry, I mow the lawn, and I drive them everywhere.  The reason for this is the last time my father tried to drive, he started the car in the garage (with the door down) then backed up and pinned me against the garage door.  He thought the garage door was up, you see.

Then, he turned down the wrong street, thinking it was where the store was (it wasn't.)  He stopped IN THE MIDDLE OF THE FREEWAY when I told him it was the wrong turn and then getting off the freeway promptly TURNED INTO THE WRONG LANE OF TRAFFIC. 

I'm a safe driver.  My last violation was 31-OCT-1999 when I was caught speeding. 

But according to them, they don't need me.  Today things came to a head.  My father doesn't want to get what mom needs to buy unless he can use a coupon.  Good idea, since it saves money.  The problem is that each time you remind him, the answer is always later.  Later.  Later.  Next time.  Later.  Next time.  Remind me (I do.)  We'll get it later.  Next time.  Later.

So then mom bitches that she doesn't have what she needs.  Fine.  I make a special trip (which I have to tell my father wastes fuel) and THEN, HE bitches at me for making the trip.

I'm 41 years old and I've damn well had enough of their flocking games.  He tells me I can move out because I don't do anything.  He doesn't need me. 

Yeah.  I don't do one damned thing.  I'm completely flocking useless.  To hear them say one thing and do another, you'd think they were politicians.  They're certainly acting like politicians. 

No comments: