Friday, November 14, 2008

Article: "Dunwoody becomes first female four-star General."

The link: http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D94ERLRO3&show_article=1

All I can say is congratulations, Gen. Dunwoody. I'm not going to tackle the fact that she's the first female four-star, but I am going to point you to her Wikipedia article where it lists her accomplishments: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ann_E._Dunwoody And her accomplishments have been many.

For me, it's not about the fact that she's the first "anything." Somebody must, after all, be the first. For me it's about the fact that Gen. Dunwoody was not promoted due to political correctness; she was promoted because she earned it.

I'm leary about using the word "deserved" usually, but not in this instance. Gen. Dunwoody deserved her promotion and I'm proud and thrilled for her. In fact, I wouldn't mind a bit if Gen. Dunwoody became the Chief of Staff of the Army.

"Dunwoody, 55, has made it clear that she feels no need for special acclaim for her historic achievement. " (from the Breitbart article)

And that serves to confirm what I already knew about the General ... she deserved and earned it. Please accept this humble salute from a gropo, General. ::crisp salute::

(As an aside I wonder if any spirits of the liquid variety will be flowing at the General's household tonight. She's earned those, too. As long as she doesn't drink and drive.)

(H/T: Drudge Report, Wikipedia)

No comments: