Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Open Letter to Mr Obama

Mr Obama;

For reference, this is one of the articles I’ll be discussing: http://www.wmal.com/article.asp?id=2279665&SPID=28718

“ WASHINGTON -- A top aide to President Obama says Americans must decide for themselves how to be civil with each other -- a rather sharp departure from comments that Obama has himself made in the past. “

There is a word for that, Mr Obama. And the word, straight from dictionary.com is “hypocrisy.” After all, didn’t you yourself tell me that I had to be civil? I have been civil. But for you and your party it appears, you don’t need to be? “Civility for thee, but not for me?” Is that what you’re saying Mr Obama? Now how about it? I honestly want to hear from you.

BUT, you’ll do it WITHOUT reaching for one of the following cards:

The RAAAAAAAAACIST card;
The stupid or uninformed card,
The sexist card,
The belittling card,
The name-calling card.

For reference, here is the article where I take all of the Liberals favourite cards off the table: http://gregb1967.blogspot.com/2010/06/dissecting-5-facts-about-anti-reform.html

And http://gregb1967.blogspot.com/2009/08/article-let-them-eat-cake-democrats.html

ALL FIVE OF YOUR FAVOURITE CARDS ARE NOW OFF THE TABLE, Mr Obama.

And yet I know that you’ll reach for at least two of those cards. In fact, I’ll be willing to bet that you’ll reach for at least one of those cards THREE TIMES.

But I want to hear from you, Mr Obama. You’ve called on me to be civil. I have been. Yet we have Mr Etheridge grabbing a young man by his neck, we have Rep. Kanjorski LYING, we have a Democrat running as a member of the Tea Party, and YOU have the audacity to tell ME to be civil?!? Now how about it?

I’ll be civil, Mr Obama. But you can bet that I’ll DEMAND the same from you.

Now how about it?

I now leave you as I quote from Jack Webb as he played Det. Sgt. Joe Friday on Dragnet:

“That isn’t what you told the investigating officers at the scene, fella.”

“Well, I had to protect myself. You understand, don’tcha?"

“I understand that either you lied to the investigating officers or you’re lying to us now. Now how about it?”

“You want the truth, don’t you? Well you’re getting it. The least you could do is try to believe it.”

“You make it kind of hard to buy.”

And:

“ I’ve told you. The whole story.”

“No, there’s one thing you left out.”

“What’s that?”

“The truth.”

No comments: