Thursday, July 30, 2009

STUPID: "Driver texts, talks, hits car, crashes into pool"

The link: http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D99OUQ5G1&show_article=1

You read that title correctly. This particular bonehead was texting on one phone and talking on another when this happened. He was using two cell phones.

If you've been reading this blog for any length of time you'll know that I'm no fan at all of a cell phone. It's true that I do have one. It's also true that I allowed the service on it to expire. I do carry it with me, but that's only because you have to - by law and agreement - be able to dial 911 even on a phone with no service. If it weren't for that, I wouldn't have it with me.

I've stated on this blog that I think they should be banned in restaurants. Yes, I've gotten vicious emails because of it, but I honestly don't give an overweight rat's rectum.

I honestly don't give a damn about hearing your phone conversation. I honestly don't care to hear somebody else on a person's phone because he has the volume so dammed high. I know he's not hearing impared because after he gets off the phone, he talks to others around him in a normal tone of voice ... just as they speak to him.

I'll be honest in that I used to talk on the cell and drive at the same time. That stopped when I very nearly plowed into the car ahead of me. Frankly, my refusal to talk and drive at the same time drove my ex-wife nuts. And she wasn't happy when I asked her to concentrate on the road instead of on her conversation.

Yet this particular idiot takes the perverbial cake: Texting on one phone, talking on another - and trying to drive at the same time. Maybe that's why Rasmussen Reports is reporting that 39% believe there should be a complete ban on driving while using a cell phone. Here's that link: http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/most_recent_videos2/lifestyle/39_favor_banning_cell_phone_use_while_driving

Had that texting, talking, and driving numbskull hit me, I'd have been tempted to either bash the cell phones into itty-bitty bits, shove them so far up his nether regions that they'd never see daylight, or turn them over to Tom Dickson (you know him as "The Blendtec Guy" from the "Will it Blend?" You Tube videos.)

(Time for that full disclosure thing again. This is no relationship between me and Blendtec, nor between myself and Mr Dickson. In fact, I found his videos by following a link in a comment about the "Is it a good idea to microwave this?" videos.)

I think my personal favourite "Will it Blend?" episode is where he blended an iPhone and got iDust.(*) Or iSmoke as it's also been called. He then sold the iSmoke/iDust on eBay ... and got enough money to purchase a new iPhone. iSeriously.

Of course, there was also the episode where he blended the camera crew's cell phones ... all of them. (**) (The flash of light at 50 seconds in was due to one of the batteries being blended.)

And then there was the time he blended the iPhone 3G (***) More iSmoke.

And ABSOLUTELY DO NOT BLEND A BUNCH OF BIC LIGHTERS!! (****)

(*) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qg1ckCkm8YI&fmt=18
(**) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifzdez7FRbk&fmt=18
(***) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLxq90xmYUs&fmt=18
(****) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yx4QgK_xEfE&fmt=18

No comments: