Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Is Your Politician AWOL, MIA, or Cowardly?

You've probably heard the term by now ... 'Milk Carton Politician.'

" It seems to me that we need to start a list of Milk Carton Politicians — members of the House and Senate who go MIA when they should be meeting with their constituents to hear their concerns over the health-care overhaul, cap-and-trade, the failure of the stimulus package, and the exploding federal deficit. " (*)

On that site is the list of Milk Carton Politicians. You can imagine my shock and dismay when I read Sherrod Brown's name on it. Although I doubt he remembers it, we met some months back. He had the firm handshake of a man who is sure of himself, and his eyes (at least on that day) were full of fire as he spoke about how he intended to work for us. He told me he was "proud" to represent us and intended to "work tirelessly" for his constituents.

But not, apparently, when it comes to ObamaCare. I say this because on YouTube there's a picture of a union thug getting close to somebody who disagreed with ObamaCare.

This disturbs me greatly. I had not thought Mr Brown to be your typical politician, interested only in saving his own a$$ (a la 'Benedict' Arlen Specter.) I had truly believed him to be a good politician, one who would listen to his constituents and then do what they instruct him to. Tell me Mr Brown, was I wrong?

Or have you Mr Brown, turned into a Rep. Eric Massa [D-NY] who actually said " I will vote adamantly against the interests of my district if I actually think what I am doing is going to be helpful. " (**)

Or in plain English "F*ck 'em all anyway. I'm the guy making all the bucks and even though I haven't read the bill, I still know what's in it, and I'm gonna vote the way I'm gonna vote! Now leave me alone, you unwashed peasants!"

Here's the list of the Ohio 'Milk Carton Politicians.' Be sure to tell them what you think about them ... by voting their sorry a$$es OUT come next election.

Sherrod Brown - D
Marcy Kaptur - D
Betty Sutton - D
Tim Ryan - D
Charlie Wilson - D
Mike Turner - R
John Boccieri - D
George Voinovich - R
John Boehner - R ???
Jean Schmidt - R


(*) - http://hotair.com/archives/2009/08/16/who-are-your-milk-carton-politicians/
(**) - http://www.washingtontimes.com/weblogs/watercooler/2009/aug/16/video-rep-massa-i-will-vote-against-interests-my-d/

No comments: