Friday, August 28, 2009

Rep. Kris Jordan (R-OH)

Kris Jordan is not my Representative for one simple reason - I'm not in his District. Nonetheless, when I read that he was considering a run for the State Senate, I felt compelled to write to him as I wished to know his views on a variety of issues.

The last time I sent a politician an email I got back a cookie-cutter reply (ie; form letter) that didn't address a single issue I'd raised. And, I expected the same to be true in this instance.

You can therefore imagine my surprise when I received a reply from Rep. Jordan that actually addressed the issues I'd raised. I was honestly surprised.

Many politicians send form letter replies to their constituents when they're contacted via email, and to be frank I honestly didn't expect a reply from Rep. Jordan. As already stated, I'm NOT in his District.

Nonetheless, Rep. Jordan took the time to write back and address the issues I'd raised. It wasn't a form letter, nor an attempt to 'blow me off.'

Frankly, that says a great deal about him. If he is elected to the State Senate, I would honoured to have him represent me.

No comments: