Friday, January 9, 2009

Weather Service About to miss AGAIN??

I dunno. Sure looks that way, though.

The reason I'm writing this is because every time so far this year, and all but one time last year that they've said we're about to get blasted by a winter storm, we've gotten ...

...nada. Zilch. Zero.

And now they're saying it again! The last "forecast" said 3-5 inches of snow on Friday night, and an additional 3-5 inches of snow on Saturday.

And NOW they've changed it! Maybe snow tonight, maybe an inch total. Then on Saturday, 4-8 inches.

You'll notice that the DAY of the snowfall changed, as did the amount.

And now for my "official prediction." Tonight: Snow flurries likely. Around an inch of accumulation possible by morning. Saturday (tomorrow): Snow likely. Total accumulation around 1 inch by night. Saturday night: Snow flurries. Little if any additional accumulation.

There you have it. I'll bet you that we get less than an inch total. The last time I had a bet about the weather I didn't bother to write it down. This time I did. I'm willing to bet that somebody owes me a cup of coffee (cream and sugar please!).

OH...and this includes SUNDAY as well!!! Because the last time, they pushed it back to SUNDAY, saying that THAT was when we'd get blasted.

So, just to be clear here; the bet is that we get less than an inch of snow TOTAL by Monday (12-JAN-2009) morning.

Just to be clear. :)

No comments: