Friday, August 29, 2008

I'm a sexist racist!

Well, I've been called one.  But that doesn't make it true. 

But for somebody to write me and complain about my writings about HRC and BHO, you'd think I am.  I've been told that I won't vote for HRC "...for the simple fact that shes a woman.  That alone is what keeps you from liking her."

That's not true, and I've stated as such numerous times in this blog (or journal.)  I can't, and won't, vote for her because I don't agree with her.  And now that the Obamessiah's the Democratic candidate, that whole discussion is moot.  But for the record (again!) I would have no problem with a woman being the President.  Unfortunately, Dr. Rice isn't running.

I've also gotten an email (OK...more than a few) accusing me of being a racist because of my stance on the Obamessiah.  That I won't be voting for him "...because hes a brother and we all no (sic) that you cant stand a brother being the pres."

Again, this is simply untrue.  In fact, it's just plain wrong.  Again, I would have no problems whatsoever with an African-American being the President.  Unfortunately, General Powell isn't running.  I greatly admire General Powell.  I really do.  He was the Secretary of State, National Security Advisor, and Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff.  On top of that, I agree with the General on a great many things.  Not everything, to be sure, but a great many things.

General Powell understands much more than the Obamessiah does, having been around longer.  I'd trust General Powell with my life. 

If he'd been the candidate, I would have voted for him in the blink of an eye.  Seriously.  I don't think there are as many people as qualified as General Powell, although Dr. Rice comes quickly to mind.

But that brings up its own hornet's nest.  Let's imagine this:  General Powell is on the ballot in the November election, as is Dr. Rice.  It would be the same situation we just had in the Democratic primaries - man versus woman.  African-American man versus African-American woman.  That would remove the race card from play, wouldn't it?

But I guarantee you that just as there are (still!) some Clinton supporters who are (still!) pulling out the race and gender cards, there would be some people that would pull out the gender card in our hypothetical matchup.

Makes your head spin, doesn't it?

No comments: