Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Republican Revolt

(Entry edited at 15:12hrs on 7-AUG-2008 to correct spelling of cojones.)

First, yes, I am groggy.  I had to take Benadryl because I'm out of Claritin.  So yes, I'm groggy.  Can you imagine me trying to drive in this condition?  *I* wouldn't want to be on the road with me.  Thankfully, I have nowhere to go today. 

Here's a link to an article:  http://republicanleader.house.gov/News/DocumentSingle.aspx?DocumentID=99463

“My message to Democratic lawmakers is this: if you’re really for increased American energy production, then prove it by putting it in writing.  Sign the discharge petitions House Republicans are circulating that will force votes on energy legislation Speaker Pelosi refuses to bring to the floor.

OK....something wrong here.  Mr Boehner missed a few things on this.  But he is a politician, so I expect him to miss a few things.  First, do you really seriously expect that other politicians in Ms. Pelosi's party are gonna have the cojones to stand up to her?!?  You know how powerful she is.  All you have to do is grow a pair and admit it.  They stand up to her and they'll be blacklisted in .00000000028 seconds.  They know it.  So do you.  Of course, you won't admit that you too are grandstanding.  Yet another example of politicians being out of touch with reality.

“This cynical strategy is disgustingly dishonest.  Without any real solutions to help Americans who are struggling with record-high gas prices, it appears the Democratic leadership has hit on a new plan: deceive.  Deceive the press, deceive its members, and deceive the American people.  Democratic members have a ‘pass’ from their leaders to talk about drilling at home, while the liberal Democratic leadership – which is beholden to special interests that want higher gas prices – plays ‘rope-a-dope’ back in Washington, ensuring there is no vote to help the American people before November.  It’s cynical, dishonest, and wrong – and it won’t work.”

1)  Strategy is dishonest.  Yes it is.  But we expect that from our politicians ... from both sides of the aisle.  I do wish the American People would wake up and vote everybody there out.  And out of a pension, too.  I do an honest day's work every day I'm at work and get paid a fraction of what you do.  Yet I've got more integrity in my toenail than you have in your entire body.

2)  Dem leadership has a new plan - deceive.  Son, this isn't a new plan.  This is what the Dems and Reps always do.  When they're not grandstanding.  You just noticed this now?  You really are out of touch.

3)  Dem leadership is beholden to special interests.  Well ... duh.  You, I take it, have never noticed how the ELF (Earth Liberation Front) votes?  Hell, the FBI lists them and the ALF (Animal Liberation Front) as "terrorist groups."  Oh, they also list them as "left-wing domestic groups."  Far far left.  But left.  ie - Democrat, since "right" is Republican.

Need I say more? 

No comments: