Friday, August 15, 2008

Michelle Malkin Sez...

I know...several moods in several different entries. :)  I'm not bipolar before anybody asks. :)

But I do read Ms. Malkin's site as well as Daily Kos and sometimes the Huffington Post.  Today, Ms. Malkin had this:

http://michellemalkin.com/2008/08/15/cheating-chicoms-crouching-ioc/

Sounds like what I asked. :)  But she wrote it better than I could have.

The question, however, remains.  Now that it's achieving widespread coverage, what will the IOC do?  Probably nothing (still.)

They, like the United Nations, are worthless.  And yet the United States continues to waste our taxpayer dollars supporting these useless things. 

Once upon a time, the UN and the IOC might have actually meant something.  Now Russia is in Georgia (NOT the US state) and the Chinese have been caught redhanded four times in fakery. 

The UN ... does nothing.  The IOC does ... more nothing.

Except stand there and be useless.

Hell, I could do that.  Anybody want to pay me for sitting on my duff and doing absolutely nothing other than sit there and look really ugly?  Anybody?

Maybe I could form a dummy corporation, 'sell' a product that doesn't exist and then defraud the Government.  I'd get lots and lots of money then.  When (IF) I got caught I could claim I was a 'victim' and wait for somebody to bail me out.

Hey, it's the new American way.  Buy a home you knew you couldn't afford?  You're a victim!  It's not your fault. 

Hell, I could have done that, too.  I was making $36,000 a year with very few bills.  I could have easily bought a $250,000 house (was in fact approached numerous times about doing just that) at a rock-bottom interest rate and gotten the dream.

I said no.  The reason I said 'no' was because I knew I couldn't afford it.  I asked questions and listened to the answers that were provided.  I knew I couldn't afford it.  So I lost out on being a 'victim' due to being too smart. 

Mayhaps I'm still a victim?  I'm too smart take loans I can't afford, won't somebody save me?  Please?

No comments: