Saturday, September 27, 2008

Mother of All Bailouts

First, a link:  http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/inclusion-minority-real-estate-professionals/story.aspx?guid=%7B16A1C9E7-2FDF-4ACF-B892-58EE9AACF956%7D&dist=hppr

"WASHINGTON, Sept 26, 2008 /PRNewswire via COMTEX/ -- Maria Kong, President of the National Association of Real Estate Brokers (NAREB) today urged Congressional leadership, President Bush and Secretary of the Treasury Paulson, to act fairly and responsibly to ensure that minority-owned real estate, finance and legal professionals are included among the firms tapped to manage the multi-billion dollar asset portfolio the government plans to purchase from failing Wall Street investment houses, and flailing financial institutions."

No, no NO!!!  This is exactly what got us into this mess to begin with!!  The last time you did this, you told us it would be "...enacted fairly and responsibly..." which were your exact terms if I remember correctly.  Guess what? 

IT WASN'T!  That is exactly what led us into the mess we're in now!!  The last time we trusted you politicial idiots to enact it "...fairly and responsibly..." and guess what?  You really screwed it up.

So now you want us to trust you again?!?  Politicians, at this point, I wouldn't trust you to find your own way into the bathroom if you were standing outside its open door!

At this point, I need to take a step back.  I would have no problems whatsoever making sure that minorities got their fair share.  After all, that's only fair.  But more importantly, it's the right thing to do morally.  Now there's a politically incorrect word ... morally.  You politicians do know what morals are, right?  Oh...wait...wait.  You gave us Enron and WorldCom and turned a blind eye while the business "executives" got million-dollar bonuses. 

Which reminds me.  Stan Sigman, who recently retired not all that long ago, "earned" a $20 MILLION BONUS when his company Cingular bought AT&T.  $20 MILLION, folks.  $20 MILLION.  When I worked at Cingular, the managers were quick to write you up for the slightest "violation" and seemed to think that their poo (a la Mike Rowe of Dirty Jobs) smelled sweeter than anybody else's.  How do I know?  One of their "managers" tried to write me up for telling her that I disagreed with her.  Since we were covered by the Communications Workers of America, I demanded a Union Steward be there during the "writeup."  Which, oddly enough, when the Steward arrived, the "manager" completely changed her tune and there was no writeup.  You should've seen her face when I demanded the Steward.  If looks could kill, I would've died on the spot.  She was not happy.  Now ask me if I care.

But I digress.  Again.  So now you politicians want us to trust you again?!?  I'd rather shoot myself first.

Which reminds me.  One week ago...ONE WEEK AGO, your "bailout" plan was all of three pages.  THREE.  NOW IT'S 42!!!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080926/ap_on_bi_ge/bailout_paper_trail

So tell me, you worthless, corrupt politicians...when do we get to see what other filth you've hidden in there for your lobbyists?

If you're as angry as I am ... call your worthless, bloated politician and tell them

(202) 224-3121.  That's the number for the "capital" switchboard (aka: the phonebank for the morally deficient politicians.)

No comments: