Monday, September 8, 2008

MSNBC (again)

Well.  What to say about this one?  http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/09/08/AR2008090800008_pf.html

MSNBC has dropped Keith Olbermann and Chris Matthews as anchors.  I had to read that twice to believe it. 

The network has moved to the left, of that I don't think there can be any doubt.  This is particularly worrisome since networks are supposed to be unbiased and balanced.  However, MSNBC is getting a show from Air America Radio personality Rachel Maddow ... this after they cancelled Tucker Carlson's show and diminished his role at the network.

No liberal bias at MSNBC?  One of the anchors on Morning Joe said that 95 per cent of reporters would vote for Obama and one of the other ones didn't see a problem with it.  No liberal bias in the media?

Here's another link:  http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5jlhzoRPoTjgeV9vNrGXaMN2AUGLwD932BSU00

"Olbermann began to have difficulty keeping his opinions in check, or simply stopped trying."

I've said this before, but apparently, reporters don't get it.  There is indeed a place for opinions.  The Op-Ed pages in papers and the Op-Ed section on websites.  Op-Ed, of course, means Opinion-Editorial.  Journals (personal journals) are also good places for opinions.  I post my opinions here frequently.  Usually, I'll say "in my opinion" or something similar. 

But now?  MSNBC?  My goodness. 

No comments: