Friday, September 5, 2008

The Obamessiah Speaks about Palin ... Sort of

Ok...first, a few links.  This link leads right back to my journal/blog and my writing about Us Weekly's smear campaign against Gov Palinhttp://journals.aol.com/gregb1967/my-journey-my-journal/#Entry1556

OK....now another link, this one leads to the A$$ociated Pre$$:  http://apnews.myway.com/article/20080905/D9308NOG2.html

Before I quote, I do need to give Mr Obama a few points.  He said that Ms Palin's family should be off-limits and that he would fire any staffer who talked about it.

For that, I admire Mr Obama.  I'm very glad he did this.  He's already said that his family should be off-limits, and the media complied, and now he's saying that Ms Palin's family should be off-limits as well.  For the record, I'm very very glad he took that stance.  I truly am.  I only wish the media and the liberal bloggers would listen.

But.....  (and you knew this was coming, I think)  there is this:

In this article, they mention that the Obama-Biden Democrats had been vicious in their attacks.  That's not quite a direct quote, but it's pretty darn close!  Note that they don't say the campaign itself, they said the "Obama-Biden Democrats."  By this, I'm assuming that they mean the Democrats who are in the Obamessiah's camp.  (In plainer American English, they meant (I think) those Democrats who are going to vote for the Obama-Biden ticket.  I think.)

When asked, the McCain-Palin campaign said that it wasn't the (opposition) campaign putting out the lies and smears.  In fact, answering to a direct question whether or not Biden and Obama were responsible, Maria Comella said "No."  In fact, they specifically name the Daily Kos.  Let me repeat that:  They specifically name the Daily Kos as being one of the sources of the smears and lies.

OK...NO.  That means, at least in American English, that Biden and Obama were not responsible for the lies and smears.  In fact, that Us Weekly smear said that it was the liberal bloggers.  Well, the article doesn't say that, but their mouthpeice does.

So what does the Obamessiah's campaign have to say about it?  "Obama campaign spokesman Bill Burton said "the only 'flat-out lie' is this ridiculous claim, and it proves that John McCain has wasted no time in teaching Sarah Palin the ways of the Washington he's inhabited for the last 26 years." "

What ridiculous claim?  They said that liberal bloggers and the Daily Kos were the sources of some of the smears and lies.  What part of American English do you people not understand??  Again, answering a direct question as to if the Obamessiah's campaign were responsible for the smears and lies, the answer was "no."  Not "I'm not sure," or "For some of them, yes and for others no" but a flat out "no."

Obamessiah?  Liberal press?  Liberal bloggers? 

Why are you people on the left so deathly afraid of Gov Palin?  Is it because she resembles so much of what so many American women actually ARE??  She's a mother (five times over!), a devoted wife, with a devoted husband, is NOT in the Wa$hington elite and has a teen daughter that is pregnant. 

Oh, and she did NOT have an abortion, instead, she had Trig ... her latest child.  Is it because she's not liberal and not a Democrat?  Are you that petty?

Again, I ask.  Why are you people on the left (including you in the liberal media) so deathly afraid of Gov Sarah Palin?

No comments: