Thursday, September 4, 2008

'Us Weekley' Smear Campaign

First, a link to the YouTube video:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjQhiarIQaw

It features Megyn Kelley and Bradley Jacobs, the Senior Editor of the smea ... Oh, I'm sorry.  The 'magazine.'  Yes, the magazine.  Continue, please.

Does anybody remember the cover that they ran about Gov. Palin?  Here it is:

So now we go to the interview with Mr Jacobs who admits that the lies told about the Gov. are actually those told by the liberal bloggers.  Here are his exact words, starting at 55 seconds:

"Actually the lies, we point out, are some of the liberal bloggers who were speculating that the daughter was actually, had given birth.  That there was a cover-up there."

I didn't get that from reading the cover, as Mr Jacobs goes on to insinuate during the interview.  I guess I missed it.  But then, according to my now-ex-wife, I miss quite a few things.

Am I the only one?  I sure took the cover to mean that the Gov. had been telling lies, not that the title meant that it was about the liberal bloggers who are smearing her.  And then, the magazine's stooge deliberately evades that same question! 

They bring up a DUI arrest, but somehow neglect to mention that it was in ...

1986.  Seriously.  The magazine brings up that the Mr Palin had a DUI arrest, but somehow fails to mention that it was TWENTY TWO years ago.

This 'magazine' misses quite a few things.

Do a Google search for "us weekly" and then click on images.  You'll get an image (please pardon the pun) of what the 'magazine' considers important:

Sex.
More sex.
Rumours.
Even more sex.
Innuendo.
Still more sex.
And now, it turns out, half-truths and unspoken truths.

I think I'm going to purchase this particular magazine and then give it to my neighbour so that they can teach their puppy to pee on it.

If you ask me, that's all it's worth.

They bring up the allegation that Ms. Palin had ties to a group that wanted had announced their plans for Alaska to announce its secession from the United States, but (again!) somehow misses the fact that this allegation had been completely (COMPLETELY) disproven, had in fact, been proven completely fabricated. 

Oh, and when Ms. Kelley points out in the interview that they somehow missed covering the actual facts, the stooge had this to say, starting at 2:27:

"We didn't have time to get into everything that you have mentioned.  This story was breaking over the weekend, everyone was talking about it, and Us Magazine has a very distinctive voice and we cover the news."

Too bad you don't report the facts.  That would be a start.

But I expect too much from the American media. 

Here's more food for thought.  This is from the Sun:  http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/columnists/fergus_shanahan/article1647092.ece

"Democrats and their Lefty media backers had been sneering that she was a small town nobody, a hick from the Alaskan sticks put into a job way beyond an inexperienced woman." (emphasis added)

"...Lefty media backers..."  If the Brits can see it, given that they're drowning in Political Correctness over there, surely we can see it as well.  Lefty media backers.  I've already called 'em lapdogs.

Let's consider another article:  http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/article4674411.ece

This one, also from the UK, is about a Soldier who, after showing his ID, was refused a room because he was military.  I'm going to focus on what the Solder's Mum had to say about it:

"“I’m very, very angry. It’s discrimination. They would never get away with it if it was against someone of ethnic origin, she said." (emphasis added)

Boy, can you ever say that again.  If it had been against somebody of ethnic origin, you can rest assured they'd have been arrested and tried with a hate crime.  Am I the only one that listened to the interview the other day about a London-area woman, who after spending several years in the United States, returns home and no longer recognizes it?  How it was "...drowned in pc [politically correct] politeness and sensitivity?"

Oh, and how did this magazine cover the Obamessiah?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great entry!  It surely points out that those that listen to, read, and depend on the media will be sorely lacking in truths come November.  I worry about that, but then again, why worry when there is nothing I can do about it.  All I can do is stand on my own, educate myself with everything I can get my hands on, and face my own conscience come voting day.  

I'm so tired of the spin.  I'm tired of the lies.  But then again, they get their information from bloggers?  If that's the case then we are more trouble than I though.  Thanks again for a fun read.  Sue

Anonymous said...

You're very welcome, and thank you for your comment.
As for us bloggers being "trouble," well...yes.  Those that don't put out the truth can always count on one of us (hopefully!) to dig it out and then post it!

I'm reminded right now about the Killian Documents and "Rathergate."  Oh, what a fun mess THAT was.  I wish I'd been blogging back then. :)

I'm also now reminded of that famous (or infamous, depending on how you look at it) quote from Mark Twain:  "If you don't read the newspaper, you are uninformed.  If you do read the newspaper, you are misinformed."

That about says it all. :)  Thank you again!