Thursday, September 4, 2008

Why oh WHY?!?

Why oh WHY did I ever think that Us Weekly would give fair and unbiased coverage?  Why did I think that?  SOMEBODY WHACK ME OVER THE HEAD!!!

Why did I just go to their website to read the latest piece of trash from such a "magazine?"  As I said, I still need to purchase this particular issue so we (my neighbours and I) can teach their puppy to pee on it.  Again, in my opinion, that's all it's worth.

Why did I read the next smear about Gov. Palin?  I'm not a masochist.  I thought, perhaps, that Us Weekly might actually check their facts.

I shouldn't have bothered.  No liberal bias at that magazine?  How then, do we explain that one of their owners happens to be a staunch Obama supporter?

Here we go:  http://www.weeklystandard.com/Content/Public/Articles/000/000/015/512gfsvi.asp

And here I need to apologize, I should have warned you not to be eating or drinking anything.  I hope a monitor didn't get spit upon somewhere.

"It's ironic, of course, that the same establishment news organizations consumed by such tabloid issues not long ago refused to investigate reports that John Edwards was having an affair and had a child out of wedlock." (emphasis added)

"And, perhaps as important, Edwards was running for the Democratic nomination for president, with an agenda favored by the liberal media establishment." (emphasis added) 

WOAH!!!  Liberal media establishment!!!  Say it ain't so!  I'm gonna faint.

Oh, and as it turns out ... the Palin smear never did mention liberal bloggers.  Go read the filth for yourself at their site, if you can stand it.

Jann Wenner contributed to the Obamessiah's campaign ... $5,300 since 2007.  But the magazine won't say that.

Tsk, tsk.

No comments: