Thursday, October 9, 2008

"In Your Face?"

First, a link: http://www.lufkindailynews.com/news/content/news/stories/2008/10/07/secret_service.html#comments

"Two federal agents arrived at Jessica Hughes' home Thursday to ask her if she said, "I will never support Obama and he will wind up dead on a hospital floor." "

"Hughes said her words were deliberately twisted by a volunteer who was apparently unhappy Hughes was rude during a phone conversation the two had. The Lufkin mother, a Republican, said she received a call on her cell phone Wednesday from a woman with the Obama Volunteers of Texarkana."

Ok....now...OK. Two different people, two different stories. That's one of the reasons that when I answer the phone I read a little blurb making callers aware that the phone call is being taped by me. "This telephone call will be taped by me after the reading of this notice is completed. If you do not agree to this, your only legal recourse is to hang up. This is in accordance with Federal wiretapping laws and the ORC." You'd be surprised how people change their tunes.

"Ma'am, that's not what you said."
"But I ..."
"You agreed that I could tape the call. And it is being taped. Should I replay the tape for you, Ma'am?"
"I didn't say that."
(Plays the tape to silence on other end.) "Ma'am, did you wish to change your story? You're still being taped. Now shall we tell the truth from this point? Can you do that?"

Note to Obama supporters ... DO NOT CALL HERE. DO NOT SHOW UP AT MY FRONT DOOR AGAIN. Your call will be taped to be sure that you people don't "misspeak" or accuse me of taking you out of context. This also applies to McCain supporters. I don't care to hear from any politician's campaign at this point. They're part of the people that brought us to the brink of a depression (Yes, I used the "d" word ... and I'm not the only one.) And now you want more of my money? To do what? Send the AIG fatcats on another trip?

No comments: