Friday, October 3, 2008

Just Shoot Me and Finish It

First, they needed the $700bn to "fix" the problem.  You'll remember that they pulled that figure out of a hat: http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/washington/2008/09/bailout-plan.html

" "It's not based on any particular data point," a Treasury spokeswoman told Forbes.com Tuesday. "We just wanted to choose a really large number." "  Honestly.  Read the article for yourself.  "We just wanted to choose a really large number."

And now, it's not enough.

This links to Michelle Malkin's site since I'm far too furious to write without pontificating.  God knows I've done my share of that.  Now I'm furious, sad, disheartened and a few other things. 

Here's the link:  http://michellemalkin.com/2008/10/03/bottomless-bailout-now-they-tell-us-its-not-enough/

If you'll excuse me, I'm off to my sister's* place.  A comedy awaits.  (It's time for the "Blazzing Saddles" Quote-a-thon, drinks included.  This should be interesting.  Truth be told, I think (no ... I knew they knew I'd be like this.)  Have I told you guys lately that I love you?  I will tonight, you can bet on that.)

No comments: