Monday, October 27, 2008

Wikipedia? Why So Often?

I've just read my AOL mail ... and got an email that I wanted to reply to. Before I do, however, thank you for writing. :)

I've gotten a tonne of spam, but I sometimes get comments about this blog, and I love knowing that this blog is being read.

This time, I had the question (to paraphrase) of why I frequently quote from Wikipedia. And, I do quote from them frequently. I've written before that I am Wikipedian, and an editor. (There's that full disclosure thing.)

That, however, isn't why I frequently quote from Wikipedia articles. The reason I do is because most of their articles are written in the neutral Point of View (PoV.) Granted, I could easily name a few articles that I believe to be slanted, ridiculously so in my opinion, but that's not the point. The point is that the bulk of Wikipedia articles reflect the Neutral PoV. It is one of their three core content policies. And yes, another Wikipedia link. :) But since this one deals with Wikipedia... :) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Neutral_point_of_view

But thank you for the question. :) Hopefully, that answers it. And thank you for reading!

No comments: