Saturday, October 11, 2008

Obama Needs to Come Clean!

First, a link: http://online.wsj.com/article/SB122005063234084813.html?mod=googlenews_wsj

I found that by doing a Google search for "Obama AND Rezko". Yes, it's from 30-AUG-2008, but that doesn't change the facts.

Obama needs to come clean about his ties to "...William Ayers, the unrepentant 1970s Weather Underground terrorist." (emphasis added.)

The Obamessiah's supporters also need to stop calling me racist. I had thought Mr Obama's campaign was based on "Change." How is it "change" when you keep pulling out the race card?

I've said this before numerous times but apparently, they've never read it. I'll write it again. (Obamessiah's people - take note: this is for you.)

I would have no problem with an African American being the President. Unfortunately, General Powell isn't running.

For Hillary's supporters who to this day call me sexist, I would have no problem with a woman being the President. But Dr. Rice isn't running either.

Those are the facts, folks. If you want to dispute the facts, that's great. Let's get into a discussion - not an arguement and discuss them. Leave the name-calling at home.

If you want to have a campaign based on "change" you need to quit playing by the handbook that says that it's acceptable to call people names. I had thought you people didn't like labels being applied - but apparently, it's OK to label people you disagree with "racist" and "sexist." Neither of these charges are supported by the FACTS.

I'll write this again, too: When I give my opinion, I'll state it's my opinion. I'll say something like "In my opinion," or "I think..." That way you know it's my opinion.

When I'm quoting from an article, I'll give a link to the article. Frequently, I'll cite facts. If the facts make you uncomfortable, that's not my problem. There's nothing wrong with citing facts.

What would be wrong would be for me to create a "fact" and then pass it off as a fact. For example: Let's say that I had ties to the Weather Underground. (I don't, for the record. However, I do visit their site at http://www.wunderground.com/ for weather reports.) Let's say that I'd met William Ayers and assisted him in plotting terrorist attacks. (I've never met him for the record and would not know him if I saw him.)

The "fact" I just created is, of course, a lie and can be easily disproven. But that wouldn't stop people from saying "You know, Greg Birosh is a terrorist! He plotted with William Ayers to blow up [insert name of object here]."

For the record, I'm not saying that about Barack Obama. We do know he has ties to William Ayers, which the article I linked to earlier called "...the unrepentant 1970s Weather Underground terrorist." We do know Mr Obama has ties to Mr Ayers, but we are not clear exactly what these ties are.

Let me say that again: We do know that Mr Obama has ties with Mr Ayers, but we are not sure what those ties are. That is a fact, not an opinion.

We do know, as I've written earlier, that Mr Obama has ties to ACORN, in fact was a member of ACORN, according to Madeline Talbott (who was a member of ACORN.) We do know that ACORN has been called "radical." A Google search for "ACORN AND radical" returned (stand back) "about 813,000." That's a lot.

We do know that Mr Obama did teach at least one class for ACORN. Again, this is a fact. We do know that ACORN and Project Vote are closely related. According to their Federal 990 Form, they share the same physical address. They also share the same phone number. Yet Mr Obama would have you believe that ACORN and Project Vote are two different organizations. The facts, however, say otherwise.

We do know that Mr Obama said he has no ties to Project Vote. The facts again say otherwise. "Six months after he took the helm of Chicago's Project Vote!, those conditions had been reversed." Link: http://www.chicagomag.com/Chicago-Magazine/January-1993/Vote-of-Confidence/

That is from Chicago Magazine dated January 1993.

Let me repeat that. Mr Obama says he has no ties to Project Vote. Chicago Magazine wrote "Six months after he took the helm of Chicago's Project Vote!..." He not only was a member of Project Vote, he took the helm of the Chicago chapter! No ties??

For the Obama supporters who are (again) going to scream "RACIST!" I offer this challange - Dispute the facts. Leave the name-calling and race-baiting at home and discuss the facts.

Think you can do that?

We do know that Mr Obama sat in Rev. Wright's church for 20 years. Mr Obama himself as admitted this. Yet in those 20 years, he never heard a race-baiting speech? If you've at all studied statistics, you'll know that that strains the bounds of credulity.

2 comments:

NorthernMedinaDem said...

Greg, how did you come to have so much hate in your heart? It makes my cry.
- your sister

Greg Birosh said...

Um...I'm somewhat (ok, really) curious here. How is my speaking out against Barack Obama hateful?

I don't agree with the man, his politics and his associations. But I don't hate him. It's true that I don't like him, but that's not the same as hating him.

For me to hate him, I'd have to have a personal stake in the matter. I've never met Mr Obama. Frankly, I wouldn't know him from Dago or Adam.

But I have hate in my heart because I disagree with him?

Could you explain, please?