Tuesday, October 14, 2008

One Really Quick Thing

Before I go into the latest ACORN shenanigans, I do need to point something out. My last post involved what happened when Comcast Cable had problems getting Glenn Beck set up.

Some people are wondering if I have something against Comcast Cable. The answer is two-fold. Yes, and no.

Yes, because they purchased TechTV and then promptly ran them into the ground. I'm not the only person still bitter about it, for the record. Leo Laporte's TWiT Netcast Network was originally named "Revenge of the Screen Savers" until Comcast and their lawyers arrived. Now it's "This Week in Technology." But take a look at what the letters spell - "twit." Is there a message there? So in that regard, yes, I do have something against Comcast.

In the other vein, however, the answer is no. I've never had Comcast so I cannot speak from experience about what their customer service record is like. Yes, I've heard horror stories about them, but to be fair I've also heard horror stories about Time Warner Cable, Cox, Verizon, even Armstrong. In fact, I heard one story about what can only be described as a "Comedy of errors" involving one of those previously mentioned. Yes, they did get the situation resolved, but it took quite a bit of doing. The BBB (Better Business Bureau) had to get involved in that particular case. (Google it, you'll find it.)

The point here is that I needed the quote from Mr Beck's programme, and I needed to point out that it was an accurate quote. I didn't mean to single out Comcast, and as I just said, the others have also had horror stories about customer service nightmares.

I hope that clears up any questions. :)

No comments: